Turcon®excluder®5 is a patented double-acting scraper with scraper lip and sealing lip, positioned
back-to-back. The scraper is installed with an o-ring as elastic energizing element in one
groove. The scraper function is performed by the excluder®5 Turcon®element. The o-ring maintains the
pressure of the scraper lips against the sliding surface and can compensate deflections of the piston rod.
Excluder®5 has two functions:
- Scrape contaminants from the retracting piston rod to protect the system from soiling
- Hold back the residual oil film on the extending piston rod on the medium side.
excluder®5 is used in conjunction with our rod seals Turcon®Stepseal®2K, Turcon®Vl Seal®or Zurcon®rimseal,
i.e. seals with a hydrodynamic back-pumping function. in contrast to excluder®2, they are used particularly for heavyduty applications such as in construction machinery, presses, etc.
- outstanding sliding properties
- Stick-slip-free, no sticking (Turcon®material)
- Tough scraper for heavy-duty operation
- Can compensate for deflections of the piston rod or plunger
- Very good scraping effect even against firmly adhered
- Very good scraping effect from the inside against the
residual oil film adhering to the surface of the piston rod
- identical installation with that of the Zurcon®excluder®500
- Very high resistance to hydraulic media
- available for all diameters up to 2,600 mm (Turcon®),
up to 2,200 mm (Zurcon®Z53/Z54).
- iSo 6195 Type D installation dimensions from diameter 40 mm
Speed: up to 15 m/s for Turcon®materials
up to 2 m/s for Zurcon®materials
Temperature: -45 °C to +200 °C (Turcon®)
-45 °C to +110 °C (Zurcon®Z53/Z54)
-60 °C to +80 °C (Zurcon®Z80)
depending on o-ring material
Media: Mineral oil-based hydraulic fluids, flame
retardant hydraulic fluids, environmentally
friendly hydraulic fluids (bio-oils),
phosphate ester, water, air and others,
depending on the scraper and o-ring