Stepseal®2K is a single-acting seal element consisting of a seal ring of high-grade Turcon®or Zurcon®materials and an o-ring as energizing element. Stepseal®2K was originally developed and patented by Trelleborg Sealing Solutions as a rod seal. Due to its outstanding properties it is well suited as a single-acting piston seal where high demands are made on positional accuracy and free movement.
Pressure: up to 60 MPa Speed: up to 15 m/s, with reciprocating movements, frequency up to 5 Hz
Temperature: -45 °C to +200 °C**
Media: Mineral oil-based hydraulic fluids, flame retardant hydraulic fluids, environmentally friendly hydraulic fluids (bio-oils), phosphate ester, water and others, depending on the seal and o-ring material compatibility see Table 120
Clearance: The maximum permissible radial clearance Smax is shown in Table 121, as a function of the operating pressure and functional diameter.
- High static and dynamic sealing effect - low friction, high efficiency
- Stick-slip free operation
- High extrusion resistance allowing large hardware clearances
- High abrasion resistance - long service life
- Simple groove design, one-piece piston possible
- Wide range of application temperatures and high resistance to chemicals, depending on the choice of o-ring material
- Simple installation without seal edge deformation - available for all diameters up to 2,700 mm