POLYPAC VEEPAC CH/G5
VEEPAC is an assembly of fabric-reinforced, highly wear resistant, chevron sealing rings with a support ring and a pressure energizing ring. VEEPAC seals are designed with preloaded radial lips to provide good sealing results. They are very robust, insensitive to sealing surface finish and dimensionally adjustable. They are especially suited to applications where there is a risk of damage and contamination. To search for available articles, please use the Electronic Catalog: E-Catalog metric.
Veepac is a set of fabric reinforced Chevron rings comprising of a support ring (1), sealing rings (2) and a pressure energizing ring (3). in the packing set, the energizing axial force is transferred between the individual packing rings so that each ring is pressed into positive contact with the rod surface. in addition to the standard materials, special material grades are available for a large variety of working conditions.
1) "u" or base rings in standard versions manufactured in reinforced fabric comprising of layers of cotton impregnated with nitrile rubber, compounded to resist extrusion. This component supports the vee-rings for effective performance.
2) Vee-rings are made of reinforced cotton fabric and nitrile elastomer in standard versions, to give good resilience, sealing efficiency and extrusion resistance. Due to their specific design, Vee rings are sensitive to fluid
pressure variations, enabling them to deflect throughout their radial section, increase the seal loading and
effectiveness in proportion to the pressures applied.
2a) Vee-rings are made of pure elastomer for high sealing efficiency.
3) energizer or spreader rings are manufactured in acetal resin or PTFe. The function of this component is to ensure a uniform pressure distribution.
Pressure: up to 40 MPa
Velocity: up to 0.5 m/s
Temperature: -30 °C to +200 °C depending on material
Media: Mineral oil, water glycol, water emulsions
- Very robust seal
- non sensitive
- easy replacement in the field with split rings
- extensive range of sizes
- requires non super mating surfaces