TURCON STEPSEAL 2K
A single-acting, O-Ring energized rod seal for dynamic applications, Turcon® Stepseal® 2K can be installed in closed grooves including grooves to ISO 7425. It offers high sealing efficiency, low friction with no stick‑slip, minimal break out force and high wear resistance. Optimum sealing characteristics are achieved by installing in a tandem Turcon® Stepseal® or Rimseal arrangement together with a doubleacting scraper. Available in Turcon® or Zurcon® materials.
under all operating conditions, dynamic rod seals must not exhibit any leakage to the atmosphere side and must be completely leak tight when the machine is at a standstill. Furthermore, they should achieve a high degree of mechanical efficiency through low friction and be easy to install in small grooves. Costs and service life must meet the high expectations of the operator.
The rod seal Turcon®Stepseal®2K comes closest to satisfying these ideal demands. Since the first Stepseal®was patented, Trelleborg Sealing Solutions has maintained the series as technically outstanding through continuous innovation. Turcon®Stepseal®2K marks the latest development.
Pressure: up to 60 MPa
Speed: up to 15 m/s with reciprocating movements, frequency up to 5 Hz
Temperature: -45 °C to +200 °C depending on o-ring material
Media: Mineral oil-based hydraulic fluids, flame retardant hydraulic fluids, environmentally friendly hydraulic fluids (bio-oils), phosphate ester, water and others, depending on the o-ring material compatibility (see Table 11)
Clearance: The maximum permissible radial clearance Smax is shown in Table 12, as a function of the operating pressure and functional diameter
- High static and dynamic sealing effect
- High extrusion resistance, allowing large hardware clearances
- low friction, high efficiency
- Stick-slip free operation
- High abrasion resistance, high operational reliability
- Wide range of application temperatures and high resistance to chemicals, depending on the choice of o-ring material
- Simple installation without seal edge deformation
- available for all diameters up to 2,600 mm rod diamter
- Fits standard Stepseal®2K groove dimensions as well as iSo 7425 seal housings