TURCON GLYD RING T
Turcon®glyd ring®T is a further technical development of Turcon®glyd ring®. it is fully interchangeable with earlier glyd ring®seals in all new applications.
The main benefits of the patented seal are provided by the innovative functional principle of the trapezoidal profile cross section.The sides of the seal profile tapers towards the seal
surface. The profile can thus retain the robust and compact form typical of piston seals without losing any of the flexibility required to achieve a pressure-related maximum compression
The edge angle of glyd ring®T permits an additional degree of freedom and enables a slight tilting movement of the seal. The maximum compression is thus always shifted towards the area of the seal edge directly exposed to the pressure.
on the low-pressure edge of the seal glyd ring®T exhibits only zones with neutral strains without compressive or shearing loads, thus effectively reducing the danger of gap extrusion.
- Very good static sealing performance
- increased clearance possible (approximately +50%), depending on the operating conditions
- Due to the larger extrusion gap, safe use even with soiled media
- low friction, no stick-slip effect
- Simple groove design, one-piece pistons possible
- installation grooves to iSo 7425-1 as well as Stepseal®standard groove dimensions
- adaptable to the operating conditions due to a wide range of materials (Turcon®, Zurcon®)
- Suitable for environmentally friendly hydraulic fluids
- available for all cylinder diameters up to 2,700 mm.
Pressure: up to 60 MPa
Speed: up to 15 m/s
Temperature: -45 °C to +200 °C * depending on o-ring material
Media: Mineral oil-based hydraulic fluids, flame retardant hydraulic fluids, environmentally friendly hydraulic fluids (bio-oils), phosphate ester, water, air and others, depending on the seal and o-ring material
compatibility see Table 103.
Clearance: The maximum permissible radial clearance Smax is shown in Table 104, as a function
of the operating pressure and functional diameter.
Am Halberg 10
Phone: +49 681 950910-0
Fax: +49 681 950910-9