TURCON AQ SEAL 5
A further development of the standard Turcon®AQ Seal®, the doubleacting Turcon®AQ Seal®5 incorporates an elastomer Quad-Ring®Seal / X-Ring and an elastomer or polyurethane Bean Seal in the dynamic sealing face. It is energized by two O‑Rings to improve sealing behaviour.
Turcon®aQ-Seal®5 is a patented development of the proven standard Turcon®aQ-Seal®. The particular characteristics of aQ-Seal®5 are the seal profile with a defined seal edge and the use of two o-rings as energizing elements to optimize the pressure profile and to reduce gas permeability.
AQ-Seal®5 combines the benefits of a low-friction Turcon®slipper seal with the high sealing characteristics of an
elastomeric seal by incorporating a limited footprint Quadring ®Seal in the dynamic sealing face. This optimizes leakage control while minimizing friction.
Pressure: up to 60 MPa with mineral oil up to 25 MPa for media with low lubricating properties
Speed: up to 3 m/s with linear movements frequency up to 3 Hz
Temperature: -30 °C to +200 °C** depending on seal, o-ring and Quad-ring® material
Media: Mineral oil-based hydraulic fluids, flame retardant hydraulic fluids, environmentally
friendly hydraulic fluids (bio-oils), phosphate ester, water and others, depending on temperature, seal, o-ring
and Quad-ring®seal material compatibility.
Clearance: The maximum permissible radial clearance as a function of the operating pressure and functional diameter.
- High sealing effect in applications requiring media separation, e.g. fluid/fluid or fluid/gas
- Double security through the combination of low-friction special materials with elastomer seals
- low gas permeation rate
- Higher pressure application, higher sliding speed compared to aQ-Seal®
- outstanding sliding properties, no stick-slip effect
- Diameter from 25 to 700 mm (for sizes above use Turcon®aQ-Seal®5 with bean Seal)