TURCON GLYD RING
Turcon® Glyd Ring® is a double-acting O-Ring energized rod seal for dynamic applications. It provides low friction with no stickslip, minimal break out force and high wear resistance. Installed in grooves to ISO 7425.
Turcon®Glyd Ring®is a very effective and reliable low friction seal. It is particularly suitable as a rod seal in both high and low pressure systems. The double-acting Glyd Ring®is a combination of a Turcon®based slipper seal and an energizing O-Ring. It has an interference fit which together with the squeeze of the O-Ring ensures a good sealing effect even at low pressure. At higher system pressures, the O-Ring is energized by the fluid, pushing
Glyd Ring®against the sealing face with increased force.
The geometry of Glyd Ring®ensures good static sealing and allows the lubricating hydrodynamic fluid film to be built under the seal in linear applications.
Glyd Ring®is recommended for linear (with a length of stroke at least twice the groove width) and helical movements.
Pressure: Up to 60 MPa
Speed: Up to 15 m/s
Frequency: Up to 5 Hz.
Temperature: -45 °C to +200 °C depending on O-Ring material
Media: Mineral oil-based hydraulic fluids, flame retardant hydraulic fluids, environmentally
friendly hydraulic fluids (bio-oils), phosphate ester, water, air and others, depending on the seal and O-Ring material compatibility, see Table 64.
Clearance: The maximum permissible radial clearance Smax is shown in Table 65, as a function
of the operating pressure and functional diameter
- No stick-slip effect when starting for smooth operation
- Minimum static and dynamic friction for a minimum energy loss and operating temperature
- Suitable for non lubricating fluids depending on seal material for optimum design flexibility
- High wear resistance ensures long service life
- Fits standard Stepseal®groove dimensions as well as ISO 7425-2 seal housing
- No adhesive effect to the mating surface during long period of inactivity or storage
- Suitable for most hydraulic fluids in relation with most modern hardware materials and surface finish depending on material selected.
- Suitable for environmentally friendly hydraulic fluids
- Available for all rod diameters up to 2,600 mm